October 24, 2012

Keep your eye on the ball until it hits your racket

Once upon a time, I read our girl Rebbie's blog post in tribute to her father.
Her dad is easily my favorite anesthesiologist and is definitely and surely awesome.
One of her dad's sayings has stuck in my head since I read it

"Keep your eye on the ball until it hits your racket"


Now, I don't play tennis. You can ask James. One time he tried to teach me.
Basically it looked like me swinging the racket a lot and mostly not hitting the ball.

Sometimes I'm so ready to watch the ball go over the net that I don't wait long enough for it to hit my racket. I don't take the chance to look at it's lime green fuzzies and white stripes. The ball goes flying right past me because I was too busy planning for the future to enjoy the moment.

Isn't that silly?


And yes,

It's a metaphor.


No comments:

Post a Comment