December 8, 2012

The Slightly Abridged Drafts (Part 2)


Round two of slightly abridged drafts. For round one, click here.

1.
Jenn once left me a message that started out with:
"Let me tell you what is not helpful."
Over the past month or so, that phrase keeps popping into and out of my mind.


2.
PS. I have a goal in life to avoid passive aggression, so I'd like to acknowledge that the following post is indeed passive aggressive and then apologize for occasionally being hypocritical and writing passive aggressively on my blog. Also for using passive voice, but they are totally different.


3.
For Lent this year, I gave up calling myself fat.
The three letter f-word.
FAT.
I've read a lot about this word as part
of various and sundry activities in my
life of late
Mostly commonly this word surfaces as a part of my
P-R-O-J-E-C-T

The theme that keeps surfacing is the general state of disgust that most American women feel toward their bodies. Most women spend their whole lives wishing they were thinner. When they are in high school they wish they weighed how much they did in middle school, in college they wish it was "high school skinny"


4.
Does anyone else get all sorts of nostalgic listening to The Rocket Summer?


5.
Hey honey, How's it going? What are you doing? Who are you with? Where are you? Are you doing something cool? I wanna know what you're doing and who you're talking to, and I wanna know everything that you're doing, and I don't want you to act like I'm being annoying. I just want you to answer all my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment