May 19, 2011

The Healer's Art

Tonight I was sitting on the couch talking to my roommate, Allison. I was recounting the current complexities of my school/life/biking balance and how I'm trying to find just the right amount of stuff to do to keep me busy. I'm not sure exactly why it came up (maybe because I'm a nurse), but she suggested to me that I read a BYU devotional address by Elaine Marshall, which I've linked here for your reading pleasure. In the talk, she talks about how healing hurts. She quoted this scripture:


"I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee" (2 Kings 20:5).


Don't you love it? 
If it were a song, this would be my favorite line: 
"I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee."


Can I be like that when I grow up? As someone who's trying to learn the art and science of healing, that's what I aspire to be. And isn't it cool that the Savior already is like that? I'm trying to become what I need to be. Occasionally, I feel frustrated in the process. On rare occasion, I even cry about it. But it's okay because He has seen my tears, and when I've learned what I need to and become what I need to, He will make it all okay, and that, is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. FYI...I think you're rad and I admire you. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete