October 25, 2013

I Don't Eat Birds and Other Such Nonsense.

Okay guys, so as you know, I'm a Flexitarian, which means that I don't really eat meat except for rare circumstances. I'm not morally opposed to the eating of meat, per se, I just don't like to eat it unless I have to. I am, however, scared to death of eating birds after a partial reading of Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals. In all seriousness, I can't remember the last time I ate chicken or turkey (oh, wait, yes I do. It was at work and I cheated with deli sliced turkey of all things). Until yesterday.

Yesterday I had a lunch date with a new boy. He was charming and funny and to top it off he made us lunch for a picnic in the park. It included delicious peach-glazed chicken. I hadn't told him that I don't eat birds. So I just ate it. Straight up ate it. An entire chicken breast guys. And then I died. Literally. Not literally, because then I wouldn't be writing this post. But seriously guys, eating birds freaks me out.

1 comment: