August 22, 2011

The Radio

So, remember that media fast from a while back? The thing that was the best/weirdest part was not listening to the radio in the car. I can't even tell you how many times I went to switch it on and then remembered that I wasn't supposed to do it. So then, little miss go go go here was like, Okay, so like what do I think about now? I'm gonna start thinking about really important stuff. Yeah, okay so like, let's think about saving lives and stuff. Wow, it's hot. Maybe I'll turn up the a/c. Oh hmmm, maybe I'll listen to the radio (turn it on). Gah! I'm not supposed to! Gah. Silence. OH MY GOSH! I HATE SILENCE! Panic!Panic!Panic! Shh. Shh. Shh. (strokes arm). So yeah, but then I realized something that many well-educated adults are already well-aware of. I knew it once but forgot when I got distracted by all the quality music like Lady Gaga and like Katy Perry and like all that other stuff they play on 97.1 and my 99.5, wait, what am I talking about quality music?! This music stinks (especially Katy Perry. Don't even get me started about how I feel about Katy Perry). But back to the thing I forgot: I love NPR. I love NPR! So yeah, the other day I switched it on in the car. Wait, wait don't tell me! was on and I loved it. Heard the likes of Lisa Kudrow and Kevin Bacon answering trivia questions that I don't even have any clue about the answers to. I heard all about the American hikers who got sentenced to 8 years in Iranian prison. And how the rebels were almost to Tripoli. And about all kinds of informative and life changing things and WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN LISTENING TO THIS LATELY?! So yeah, just a little shout out to NPR, the newest radio staple in my life. Good job being informative and funny and endearing and right there at 90.1, just waiting for me to be enlightened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment