August 2, 2011

LANCE

Say what you will about Lance Armstrong, but you have to admit, he kind of rocks. It's not About the Bike, is one of my favorite books. His description of wrecking and getting hit by cars on a mostly regular basis makes me want to be more hard core when I grow up. (I'd also like to be as hard core as Jens while we're at it, but there is more to come on him...)


Some of my favorite Lance quotes:


Because I love legs:
"Motivation can't take you very far if you don't have the legs."

My yoga mantra:
"Leaner in body, more balanced in spirit."

What I think when I don't want to do another hill:
"I was meant for a long, hard climb."

This is one of my (many) favorite sports center commercials:

And this one brings me to tears every time:



He beat cancer and started LIVESTRONG. He has a resting heart rate of 32He won the Tour de France 7 times. Hate him if you want to. 


But I love Lance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment