March 19, 2011

Superman Sleeps in a Jimmer Jersey

Last night, I was in the kitchen at a friend's making brownies when someone brought in a copy of Jimmer on the cover of Sports Illustrated. I started thumbing through it and came across an article with a picture of Gordon Hayward shooting that heartbreaking shot last year in the NCAA championship game against Duke. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please take a look here. My gosh. Doesn't that just break your heart? I seriously could have cried when that shot didn't make it in. Anyway, the SI article said that it was a shot that could have changed history or something super dramatic like that. I got to thinking about one of my very favorite history-changing sports moments, and I thought I'd share.


Did Matt Holliday Really Touch the Plate? 2007

I like to think he did.



And then, just for all you BYU fans out there, I thought I'd post this reminder of why we bleed cougar blue:


Harline Is Still Open 2006

I love the Greg Wrubell audio as well. In fact, maybe someday I'll make it my ring tone. Maybe someday when I no longer go to the U? :/

That being said:
March Madness is in full swing (not to use baseball terms excessively or anything), and let's hear it for BYU. 
(Rah rah rah rah rah. Rah rah rah rah rah. Rah rah rah rah rah. Go Cougars!)





2 comments:

  1. Maybe sports moments are so amazing because they are a microcosm of the human experience. The incredible triumph, or abject defeat, after the culmination of years of hard work.

    Then again, maybe they're great on film because they are real and true reality TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jimmer be with us, who can be against us?

    ReplyDelete