March 4, 2015

Yoga

Today I went to my first yoga class since hip surgery last May. It was a bit of a wake up call, to be honest. The way my hips struggled to move into warrior one, the way that chair pose was difficult, and even moving from down dog to standing. The thing I have learned from years of yoga practice is to approach my practice from a place of self acceptance. As I wound down the practice, I lay in savasanah, and as I often do, repeated in my mind, "I have only ever know and love and peace and happiness," and "I love and approve of myself." At the end of my practice, I bowed to say Namaste, and gave gratitude to my body for the things it does for me. 

Like so many things in life, it was not perfect, but it was a start, and it was good.

#RockingBody

No comments:

Post a Comment