November 8, 2013

The Three Letter F-Word and my #RockingBody

For Lent 2012 I gave up calling myself FAT. Every time I said the three-letter-f-word, I had to stop what I was doing, put both hands on my stomach and say, "I'm sorry. I love you." I was astounded how many times I had to do this in just 40 days. It was the best thing I've ever done for my self esteem.

But apparently I've gotten out of the habit. While I was getting ready to climb the other night, I put on my favorite spandex pants and pullover. I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "Man, I look FAT. I wish I weren't so FAT." And when I heard myself saying the three-letter-f-word, I had an epiphany. I'm going to post a picture of myself in this outfit, and I'm going to hashtag it #RockingBody because all this negative self-talk is absurd.


I am tired of spending my life wishing I were skinnier. What good does it do to look in the mirror and tell myself I'm fat? I've been pimping the same speech for years: I'd like myself more if I were skinnier. But it's a bunch of baloney. Because even when I'm skinny, I still think I'm fat. How does this make any sense?!

In an effort to love my body and accept it as it is, I'm starting my #RockingBody series.

I'll be posting pictures of myself doing things I love with positive self talk.

Do you have a rocking body too? Feel free to join me.
Instagram: @biketastic; #RockingBody

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I read a couple of articles recently how we should strive to be FIT not skinny. When we change the mentality, we start to accept who we are and see the progress we have made.

    ReplyDelete