June 10, 2011

Thank You In the Manner of My Summer Thursday

Dear Foothill Drive in Provo,
Thanks for being the kind of hill that I still have to get off my bike and walk up at the end. It's nice to know that I have a mega-challenge to combat semi-weeklyish. One of these days, I'm gonna make it all the way up you with my feet on my pedals, and then we will be good friends, even more so than now, if you can believe it.
Liz

Dear Backyard,
Thanks for being something I haven't had for a couple of years. Now that I do have you, I love you. You inspire me to spend more time with lawn chairs, blankets, good friends, good books and guitars, all of which I need more of in my life.
Liz

Dear Malcolm Gladwell,
Thank you for writing the most fascinating, enlightening, incredible, well-written nonfiction I've ever come across. You make me feel smarter and awesomer, all the while entertaining me. You rock. Also, your hair is not too shabby either.
Liz

Dear Construction Worker,
Thanks for lending me your hand like a perfect gentleman as I tried (perhaps slightly less gracefully than originally intended) to step over the newly poured cement curb. I was flattered. Also, I loved it when you teased me that I got cement on my leg. Turns out it was just grease, but luckily my legs are used to that, what with the biking and all.
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Where are you staying this summer? Hills are hard on bikes.
    I love my backyard. Backyards really are a GLORIOUS thing!

    Glad you didn't face plant in the cement or something. Thank heavens for gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete