April 20, 2018

1971


This is my favorite of my recent resolutions. There are a few great things about it. 
1- Hearing a song from a TV show or movie and realizing that they carefully curated music from the right year.
2 - Seeing a song that you love but have totally forgotten about. Today it was Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
3 - When someone asks about what year a song was released, knowing the answer. 


As I was talking to one of the emergency medicine doctors, he said he thought it would’ve been better if I chose to listen to the top rock songs from every year, because I’ve just been doing the top 20 songs in general. I think he has a good point because when I hit 1973, I don’t think I’m even going to hear Dream On by Aerosmith and somehow that just seems wrong to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment